Sunday, October 13, 2013

Shluchot: A Jewish Prayer for Luck

Sometimes, I get chain emails.  While I don't believe in forwarding them because of the fear and guilt they seem to create, I have to admit that sometimes I get a lot of enjoyment out of simply reading them. Also, I figure that if I post them in my blog where people are actually coming to read them, it's way better than forwarding it to people who may not want their inboxes to be stuffed with chain emails.

I've seen so many Christian prayer chains, especially Catholic ones devoted to different saints.  But this one is the very first Jewish one that I've ever come across.  It was sent to me awhile ago, so I thought I'd share. :)



"You're one of my 12...Shluchot -- A mystical Jewish formula for good mazel and who of us can't use that!?  Please do not break! Just 27 words.

G'mar Chatima Tova!
G-D our Father, walk through my house & take away all my worries &
illness & please watch over & heal my family & other families
too...Amen.

This prayer is so powerful.
Pass this to 12 people
A blessing is coming to you of a new job, a house, marriage, good
health, or financial comfort

Do not break or ask questions."

1 comment:

Like Me on Facebook! :)